Formal Hall is a more elaborate dinner in Hall, requiring smart dress and gowns. Meals are served at your table, and attendees may bring guests and bottles of wine.
Formal Halls are booked using the on-line Meal Booking service. Twice a term students may hold a Super Hall. Fancy dress may be worn (after permission from the Dean). Super Halls can sometimes have a different price to Formal Halls.
|Formal Hall by arrangement||Mon/Tue/Thu||7.30pm|
Places at Formal Hall must be booked in advance. Click here to book. (Raven login is required).
Bookings and cancellations are available until 2pm, two days before. If you have special dietary requirements, please let us know by then.
Students may book up to 10 guests (check online as number of guests usually differ at Super Halls).
- Please be seated before 7.30pm.
- A gong will sound as the Fellows enter; all stand for Grace.
- A gong will sound at the end of the meal for Fellows to leave following a Grace. Students may remain seated for this.
- Wine bottles must be opened at the Bar beforehand where a small corckage charge will be made.
- Suits and ties for men, formal dress for women.
- Gowns must be worn by College members (not guests).
Formal Hall by arrangement
Please contact the Steward's Secretary for information. Minimum of 40 people (1 x Fitz Student per 10 guests).