Formal Hall is a more elaborate dinner in Hall, requiring smart dress and gowns. Meals are served at your table, and attendees may bring guests and bottles of wine.
Formal Halls are booked using the on-line Meal Booking service. Twice a term students may hold a Super Hall. Fancy dress may be worn (after permission from the Dean). Super Halls are usually a different price to Formal Halls.
|Formal Hall by arrangement||Mon/Tue/Thu||7.30pm|
Places at Formal Hall must be booked in advance. Click here to book. (Raven login is required).
Bookings and cancellations are available until 2pm, two days before. If you have special dietary requirements, please let us know by then.
Students may book up to 3 guests. For groups larger than this a Group Booking Form should be filled in. You can download a form here. Complete the form and bring it to the Catering Department with any payment if required.
- Please be seated before 7.30pm.
- A gong will sound as the Fellows enter; all stand for Grace.
- A gong will sound at the end of the meal for Fellows to leave following a Grace. Students may remain seated for this.
- Wine bottles must be opened at the Bar beforehand.
- Suits and ties for men, formal dress for women.
- Gowns must be worn by College members (not guests).
Formal Hall by arrangement
Please contact the Steward's Secretary for a booking form.
Minimum of 20 people.