During term, you may borrow up to 10 books, for 2 weeks, and renew them at most 3 times.
Our clever security system and self-issue terminal are linked and allow you to borrow books 24/7.
- Present your card, barcode up, on the red line
- Confirm your name by pressing OK - you can also see your account details
- Place the books below the screen, up to 4 at a time - the list shows which books you have borrowed
- When complete select Print Receipt or No Receipt - this gives a record of your details and current loans
- All books taken out of the Library MUST be checked out in this way. If they are not - you will set off the alarm and CCTV!
- If your card does not work, please ask staff for assistance, or out of hours use a Manual Loan Slip (next to the self-issue terminal).
To return a book, leave it in the Returns chute in the Reception Desk. Do not put it back on the shelf.
- You may borrow up to ten books, for two weeks, with up to three renewals.
- DVDs may be borrowed for one week; please collect from Library Office.
- If other readers need a book, it may be recalled from you.
- Overdue reminders are sent weekly. If you do not respond, we will contact your Director of Studies.
- Lending books (whether to members or non-members of College) is not allowed; you will remain liable for the book.
- At the end of term, all books are recalled during the final week.
- Vacation borrowing begins on Wednesday of the last week of Full term.
- Books due back on the first Thursday of the next Full Term.
- Overdue fines are levied for the late return of vacation loans at the rate of 25p per book per day (to a maximum of £10/book).
New Members' Registration
You must present your University Card to a member of the Library staff before you can borrow books. The most convenient time to do this is during the induction tours during the first week of Michaelmas term.