Books, journals, electronic resources, past papers and other useful things.
- The Fitzwilliam collection of 40,000 items increases by 1,000 items each year.
- Many of the books required for Tripos Part I, some of those for later Parts and taught MPhil courses.
- The collection grows by the purchase of books on reading lists, by recommendations for purchase from Fellows and students and by the addition of selected donations.
- Students can find more specialised books through the University Library, but are encouraged to buy the books they will use most often.
- Library staff are always happy to help.
- Cambridge College Libraries provide access to almost 5000 books.
- Records for these have been added to the Library catalogue and are also available via LibrarySearch.
- ebooks can be accessed directly from an online catalogue search.
- A complete list of available electronic titles can be found on ebooks@Cambridge.
Journals and ejournals
- Bound volumes of journals are kept on the shelves with books in their subject and can be borrowed in the same way as books.
- Unbound journals are also stored there but these MUST NOT be removed from the Library.
- LibrarySearch lets you search for electronic journals deliverable to your desktop and also across the University.
- Limit your search to journals so you can locate the paper copies in other Cambridge libraries.
- Please remember that if another College, or a departmental library other than your own, holds the title you want, you should contact that library beforehand using the Libraries Directory.
University Reporter and Past Examination Papers
The following Reference Only items are in the Skillington Study Room.
- The University Reporter, containing the Lecture List and the Examination Timetable
- Bound volumes of past Examination Papers which may be photocopied
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Reference Only means not available for loan without permission.
- A new collection of DVDs - mainly foreign language films, Shakespeare's plays and adaptations of classic novels. Collect disks from the Library Office.
- Chemistry models may be borrowed from the Library Office.
- There is a microfiche reader in the basement study room with microfiche copies of the Engineering and Chemical Engineering Tripos 'Examples and Solutions'.