These rules are for the benefit of everyone, to ensure that the Library is a space which is conducive to study.
- Food and drink are not allowed, though bottles of water may be kept on the floor.
- Ink bottles are not allowed and will be removed.
- Mobile phones must be silenced. Audible use of a phone is fined £5.
- Rucksacks, large bags and cycle helmets should be stored under tables.
- Laptops should be used quietly.
- Music players should also be used quietly so that they do not disturb other readers.
- Smoking is forbidden.
Please ensure that you observe these rules.