Students living in College-owned accommodation - both on the main College site and in College houses - are covered for a basic level of Personal Possessions Insurance.
Endsleigh Student Insurance 2019
Your contents. Covered.
From 1 October 2019, Fitzwilliam College is working in partnership with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider, to provide some cover for the contents inside your room. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs.
Visit its website to:
- Check your level of cover
- Review key exclusions and limitations
- Check your policy excess
- Learn how to make a claim
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones (which is covered in the room for theft only) and other valuables
Endsleigh knows that life can grind to a halt without your possessions, so it is worth spending a few minutes to establish whether the things that matter to you most are protected both inside and outside your room. They are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS and have been shaping their products and services around their customers’ needs for over 50 years.
Developing products built for students, Endsleigh understands that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students; that’s why they will replace any lost, stolen or unrepairable gadgets within 24 hours of your claim being approved. Their cover can protect gadgets, watches, bikes and musical instruments under one policy—giving you the flexibility to build your cover to protect the things that matter to you most.
Who is covered?
- Student members of Fitzwilliam College living in College owned accommodation on site or in outside houses.
- There is cover for returning students whose belongings are stored in approved College storage during vacation periods up to the limits specified in the Fitzwilliam Certificate.
- You must check levels of cover on the Fitzwilliam Certificate.
Who is not covered?
- Students living in privately rented accommodation – your belongings are not covered even if you are visiting or studying in College.
- Mobile Phones are ONLY insured against theft from your College room and not from any other place in the College. In addition they are ONLY covered if there has been a forced entry to your room.
- Your bicycle will only be covered against theft if it is securely locked to a designated cycle rack and NOT to a lamppost, railing, fence or tree, etc.
- Your bicycle lock or locks must secure both the front wheel AND the frame to the cycle rack.
- Your bicycle will not be covered if it is unlocked, locked only to itself, or locked only by the front wheel to a cycle rack.
- Accidental damage is not covered but you may purchase this as top up cover.