Our clever security system and self-service station are linked and allow you to borrow books 24/7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Present your card, barcode up, on the red line
- Confirm your name by pressing OK - you can also see your account details
- Place the books below the screen, up to four at a time - the list shows which books you have borrowed
- When complete select Print Receipt, Email Receipt or No Receipt - this gives a record of your details and current loans
- All books taken out of the Library MUST be checked out in this way. If they are not you will set off the alarm and CCTV!
- If your card does not work, please ask staff for assistance, or out of hours use a Manual Loan Slip (next to the self-service station).
To return a book:
- Select 'return' on the touchscreen.
- Place the books on the pad.
- Ensure all items are returned on the list.
- Place books on the Returns trolley.
New Members' registration
You must present your University Card to a member of the Library staff before you can borrow books. The most convenient time to do this is during the induction tours during the first week of Michaelmas term.