Undergraduates must normally keep nine terms in residence before you can obtain a BA. This means you must sleep in Cambridge for at least 59 nights during the Michaelmas and Lent Terms, and for at least 52 nights during the Easter Term. This is equivalent to the length of ‘Full Term’, so any nights spent away during Full Term must be made up by the end of 'Term'.
If an undergraduate wants to go away for a whole night or more they require permission (an Exeat Slip must be obtained from the Tutorial Office). You must sign the Exeat Book to confirm that you have kept term and sign your room key back in at the Porters Lodge by the end of your residence period.
This is the period for undergraduate teaching. Masters courses may include teaching outside this period. PhD students should be in Cambridge throughout the year.
- Michaelmas 2022: 4 October - 2 December
- Lent 2023 17 January - 17 March
- Easter 2023: 25 April - 16 June
- Michaelmas 2023: 3 October - 1 December
- Lent 2024: 16 January - 15 March
- Easter 2024: 23 April - 14 June
- Michaelmas 2024: 8 October - 6 December
- Lent 2025: 21 January - 21 March
- Easter 2025: 29 April - 20 June