The University of Cambridge does not have its own medical practice, and all students should register with a local GP (general practitioner) when they arrive.
Lists of local GPs are available from the Students' Unions' Advice Service and on the NHS Find a GP website. The nearest practice to Fitzwilliam College is at 1 Huntingdon Road. Students may choose to register with any practice, but are advised to find one that is near to where they live.
There are a number of dentist services in Cambridge. If you need to see a dentist, you can use the NHS Choices website to locate the most appropriate one for you.The University of Cambridge issues guidance, information and advice on various medical and health-related matters.
- NHS health cover for international students
- Advice for new students on vaccine-preventable infections and diseases
- Vaccine checklist
- Meningitis - University Guidelines
- Meningitis - factsheet
- Guidelines on HIV and AIDS
- Anaphylaxis Guidance
- Guidance for students on pregnancy and parental leave
- Counselling Service Information
The University and colleges have put together a clear set of measures, which have been tested and refined in consultation with over 300 students and staff, designed to keep everyone in our community as safe as possible.