Student Union & other mental health supports

The Students Union’s Student Advice Service offers free, confidential, and impartial advice and support to all Cambridge University students - undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate - from any College or course.  You can go to the Student Advice Service with any issues or problems you might experience as a student, from making friends to working relationships, from exams to intermission, and from welfare concerns to finance. They are there to help you navigate your way through the Collegiate University informally and formally.  They can support you by:

  • Listening
  • Providing information
  • Explaining and guiding you through University and College procedures
  • Helping you to explore your options
  • Providing assistance and/or representation
  • Signposting to other services
Other supports

The University’s Student Wellbeing team have published guidance to further support resources and organisations within the University, and a further list of external organisations.

We have compiled a page linking to specialist resources offering advice and support in particular areas.