- Desktop Services account to use in the student computer rooms and MCS computers around the University,
- Hermes account to use the University's email service. Cambridge email addresses are in the form CRSid@cam.ac.uk,
- Raven account to access protected web resources e.g. CamSIS.
New students should be able to use their accounts when they arrive in Cambridge. You can collect the details of these accounts from https://jackdaw.cam.ac.uk/signup prior to your arrival in Cambridge, or from the PCs in the Student Computer Room by logging in with the following details:
Leave the password blank.
Then follow the on-screen instructions. You will need to provide the following personal details:
- Your surname,
- Your date of birth,
- Your admissions reference code e.g.
- UCAS number (almost all undergraduates),
- Board of Graduate Studies number (most postgraduates);
For further information about connecting your devices to the Internet, see Network connections.
To find out about other IT facilities available, see College's IT facilities.