“Fitzwilliam College is a very special place. Its gardens, library, facilities and buildings all contribute, but what sets Fitz apart is its sense of community. This is a College where you live surrounded by friends and people who will support you in every sphere of your life." – Millie, 3rd year PhD in Italian.
The College has no ‘quotas’ - numbers are limited only by our ability to provide support, accommodation and facilities. We admit part-time students on: MST (Advanced Subject Teaching, Genomic Medicine and Applied Criminology and Police Management) MEd and PhD.
In the first year you will be allocated a room; in further years your choice is made through the graduate housing ballot. Accommodation is available for all years of study. Visit our accommodation pages for more information.
- The College has an increasingly central location in relation to the University's expansion towards the north and west of Cambridge. See University Map
- The majority of Departments are accessible via off-road or quiet cycle routes
- The Universal Bus, which visits most Departments, stops on Madingley Road at the end of Storey's Way.
- Other frequent bus routes are available from Madingley Road and Huntingdon Road
- Car parking. Some parking may be available when a car is essential for course reasons (travelling out of Cambridge for placements for example) or for personal or health reasons. More Information on bringing your car to Cambridge.
- Local food shops, post office and pharmacy are available in Histon Road or the town centre.
- Explore the College - maps and where to find us
The College provides a number of competitive scholarships, including two Masters Studentships and two Phd Studentships, part-cost awards and other subject specific Studentships. The College also supports the University for 2 Cambridge UK Masters Studentships.
Alongside the facilities for your everyday needs, the College provides state-of-the-art Olisa Library, music practice rooms, art and theatre, sport facilities including on-site gym and squash courts and new boat house, and a newly extended common room for postgraduate students. Find out more.