Fitzwilliam College takes very seriously its responsibility to protect and process your personal data.
On this page you will find the College's Data Protection Policy; statements that set out how we use your personal data, the legal basis for processing and how to exercise your rights; and our Data Retention Schedule.
In case of queries, please contact the College Data Protection Officer (email@example.com).
Data Protection Policy (9 May 2018)
Data Retention Schedule (19 May 2021)
All visitors to the College are made aware that CCTV is in use on the College site(s). For further details see our CCTV Policy (9 May 2018)
How we use your information
The following Data Protection Statements tell you what to expect when the College collects personal data. You may need to refer to more than one statement (e.g. a student will also be a Library user, a website user and probably a member of a club or society).
It applies to information we collect about:
- website users, who also should see the cookies policy;
- College visitors and guests;
- pre-applicants (undergraduates and postgraduates);
- Unibuddy ('chat to students' service) users (pre-applicants and student ambassadors);
- alumni and supporters;
- applicants for positions in College (jobs, officers or senior membership);
- employees, workers and casual workers and contractors;
- senior members;
- Library users;
- event organisers (and other commercial contracts).
You have the following rights:
- to ask us for access to your personal data,
- to ask us to restrict processing (pending correction or deletion)
- to object to communications or direct marketing
- to ask us to transfer your data electronically to a third party
Some of these rights are not automatic, and we reserve the right to discuss with you why we might not comply with a request from you to exercise them.
Please note that Fitzwilliam College does not use automated decision making.
If you wish to exercise your rights, or have any other queries about the College’s Data Protection policies please contact the College Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If having done so you remain dissatisfied you have a right to lodge a complaint about our management of your personal data with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/